(Official definition): Consignment is a business arrangement in which a business, also referred to as a consignee, agrees to pay a seller, or consignor, for merchandise after the item sells. Consignment businesses are typically retail stores that specialize in a particular type of consumer product. The business accepts items for sale and agrees to pay the seller a percentage of the proceeds if and when the goods do sell.
(In a nutshell definition): Members of the public (like you) bring us your item to sell, we price it, market it and sell it on your behalf. Part of the selling price goes to you and part goes to the store, it is that simple!
Why sell your furniture at a consignment store?
- It is Eco Friendly! Reuse, Recycle and keep more out the landfill!
- It’s convenient. If you’ve got furniture you no longer want or no longer need, furniture consignment stores allow you to quickly and conveniently get it off your hands so you can get on with your life. This saves you the hassle of creating an online classifieds ad and arranging for strange people to come into your home to potentially buy your furniture for sale.
- It allows you to make space. If you’re moving or simply trying to clear your home, taking your unwanted furniture to a consignment furniture store allows you to free up space in your home.
- It gives you the opportunity to get money for your furniture. In addition to providing a place to bring your no-longer-needed furniture to, consigning your items with a consignment store can get you money in exchange for your furniture.
- You’re supporting a local business. Selling furniture to local consignment stores is one way to support small businesses.
Why buy your furniture from a consignment furniture store?
- Quality offerings. Consignment furniture stores offer a variety of unique and designer-inspired furnishings––many of which cannot be found in stores.
- Great prices. Because you’re buying second-hand, you can score some great deals on quality items for your home such as beds, couches, tables, chairs, and more. Prices typically drop every month and if they are still in the store after that, they can go on clearance!
- Supporting a local business. Rather than buying new furniture from big box retailers, buying from consignment stores is a way to save money as well as a way to support a local business.
At Consign-it Furniture our inventory is ever-changing. We encourage you to visit our store to see all that our showroom floor offers. We update our Facebook page several times a day with some new-to-the-store items. If you are interested in any item, message us on Facebook, call our store or give us a visit.